Saturday, October 13, 2018

Double duty at the Synod

Yesterday and today we were back in our small groups for discussion of part II of the Instrumentum laboris. Once again, I feel so blessed to be in my particular small group. Everyone has participated, and the interventions have never felt out of place.

I wound up doing double duty in our small group, however. We have both a Moderator (Cardinal Joseph Coutts of Pakistan) and a Rapporteur (myself). Cardinal Coutts was unavailable for these sessions, however, so I wound up co-chairing the meeting along with our theological "expert" assigned to the group. Many thanks to Kevin for accepting to help -- we made a good team. Still, it was not always easy keeping my eyes on who was raising their hand to speak while also trying to keep the minutes of the meeting going!

Apart from going out for coffee with a friend in the afternoon the rest of my day was pretty much spent working on my notes from the small group. We will need to be voting on our modi next Monday morning; as well, all Rapporteurs will also need to hand in the small group report to the Synod secretariat by Monday noon.

So no pictures today, but I thought you might be interested to see my commute from my residence to the Paul VI Synod hall:


A very nice walk 2-4 times per day. Good to get some exercise.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment